Societies Committee is the main forum for societies to discuss any concerns, vote on important society-specific matters and generally have their voice heard.
It is open to the committee members of all societies, with at least one representative from each group in attendance at every meeting.
The committee also feeds into the Union's wider democratic structure, with Society Student Councillors voting on behalf of societies at Student Council. In addition, it helps to facilitate communication, collaboration and understanding between societies.
- Please email [email protected] if you want to:
- Ask general questions;
- Propose a motion;
- Add an agenda point (at least seven days in advance);
- Change your society name.
- If you have a general question or idea regarding societies, please contact our Societies Officer;
- For larger issues, get in touch with the Union's Vice President: Welfare & Activities. If it relates to the agenda of a Societies Committee meeting, you should also copy in [email protected].
Who runs Societies Committee?
The Committee is student-led and is run by the following elected members:
Societies Exec 2019-20
- Chair: Otomiewo Tegorgor (Secretary Law)
Society Student Councillors 2019-20
- Claudia Gyngell (Pole Fitness)
Further, the Union's Societies Development Coordinator provides support to the Committee.
Dates and Minutes of Meetings 2019-20