Click here to read Tré's latest blog
The Role of the Vice President (BME)
- Manifesto-To deliver promises and pledges made to the student body during the election process.
- Leadership- Lead the the Students' Union on matters relating to BME students.
- Representation- Represent student voice to internal committees, the University, NUS and to external organisations and partners.
- Represent student interests in BME matters.
- Be responsible for knowing internal and national BME campaigns and reactions to them, including the position of NUS.
- Alongside Part Time Officers and relevant Union and University Staff coordinate and lead BME Campaigns for the year.
- Student Experience- Engage with different demographics within the student body to influence decisions made by UNSU.
- To Contribute to the Overall Effectiveness of the Union
Section about Tré here
Gemma's Manifesto Progress
Introduce a support group where students can talk (without judgement) about being of colour and British in the 21st century.
Liaise with local organisations to deliver events. Such organisations can include: NREC, NBHA, Changemaker Hub and Lemon Pop Workshops.
Introduce a monthly book club, reading BME authors while discussing BME topics based on what’s being read.
Introduce a monthly film club where films will be watched and discussed, in collaboration with Northampton Filmhouse. It’s about seeing yourself reflected.
Take students on trips to events. e.g. a panel with Nikesh Shukla, or The Black Verse – a poetry night in London made by Black poets to promote Black poets.
|Officer has rated as complete|
Officer has rated as incomplete, but on-track
|Officer has rated as incomplete, and behind schedule|
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
List of titles, dates and links