Your Union is made up of students. Students like you – with your ideas, your passion and your views on what you want your Union to be. We couldn't be a Union without YOU.
Nominations will be opening soon for your next SU Officers, Advocates, student group committee members, and more! So have a think about what part you could play.
There's a great variety of roles available to go for – see below for which ones you might be interested in! If you've got any questions, just email [email protected].
Sabbatical Officers (full-time and paid)
- VP Education;
- VP Union Development;
- VP Welfare;
- VP BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) – NEW ROLE!
- Sports Officer;
- Societies Officer;
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Students' Officer;
- Disabled Students' Officer;
- Entertainments Officer;
- Ethics and Environment Officer;
- International Students' Officer;
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) Students' Officer;
- Mature Students' Officer;
- Moulton College Officer;
- Postgraduate (Taught) Students' Officer;
- Postgraduate (Research) Students' Officer;
- Women's Officer;
- Changemaker Officer;
- European Union Students' Officer.
- Postgraduate Student Trustee.
- One NUS Delegate position (for more information on this role, please visit www.nusconnect.org.uk/conferences/nus-conferences).
Student Council positions
- Three Faculty Advocates from Faculty of Business and Law;
- Three Faculty Advocates from Faculty of Health and Society;
- Three Faculty Advocates from Faculty of Education and Humanities;
- Three Faculty Advocates from Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology.
Three Joint Honours Representatives:
- First-Year Joint Honours Advocate;
- Second-Year Joint Honours Advocate;
- Third-Year Joint Honours Advocate.
Four Postgraduate Faculty Representatives:
- Faculty of Business and Law Representative;
- Faculty of Health and Society Representative;
- Faculty of Education and Humanities Representative;
- Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology Representative.
- Part-Time Student Representative;
- Distance Learning Student Representative;
- Black and Minority Ethnic Officer.
- Collaboration Committee Member;
- Vice President of Postgraduates;
- Vice President of Parents;
- Policy Overseer Committee Member;
- Social Media Secretary;
- Social Secretary
For further understanding on the MSA Commtitee and each role, go to the Committees Bye-Law, (page 11) for more information.