Athletic Union (AU) Committee
AU Committee is the main forum for sports clubs to discuss any concerns, vote on important sport-specific matters and generally have their voice heard.
It is open to the committee members of all clubs, with at least one representative from each group in attendance at every meeting (usually the President). However, if the club is playing an away fixture or has another commitment, then apologies should be emailed to the Chair at least 24 hours in advance.
The committee also feeds into the Union's wider democratic structure, with AU Student Councillors voting on behalf of sports at Student Council. In addition, it helps to facilitate communication, collaboration and understanding between sports.
- Please email [email protected] if you want to:
- Ask general questions;
- Propose a motion;
- Add an agenda point (at least seven days in advance);
- Change your club's constitution.
- If you have a general question or idea regarding sports, please contact our Sports Officer;
- For larger issues, get in touch with the Union's Vice President: Union Development. If it relates to an issue outside of AU Committee, you should also copy in [email protected].
Who runs AU Committee?
The Committee is student-led and is run by the following elected members:
AU Exec 2018-19
- Chair: Katy Baker (Trampolining);
- Vice-Chair: Jack Farnell (Dance).
AU Student Councillors 2018-19
- Kate Parsons (Trampolining);
- Katy Baker (Trampolining);
- Natasha Weasley (Women's Basketball);
- Scott Hinsley (Men's Hockey);
- Sebastien Antaki (Swimming, Men's Rugby Union);
- Tom Weaver (Men's Rugby Union).
Further, the Union's Sports Development Coordinator provides support to the Committee.
Dates and Minutes of Meetings 2018-19
- October 4, 2018;
- November 29, 2018;
- January 10, 2019;
- February 7, 2019;
- March 7, 2019;
- April 25, 2019.