In September 2018, the Students' Union produced and submitted an Annual Academic Review document to the University's Student Experience Committee. This review considered results from surveys that were conducted over the 2017-18 academic year and offered student-led recommendations on how the University could develop these areas, both on a university-wide and course-specific level.
In the Review, both data collected internally and from national surveys was analysed. The full list of data sources is as follows:
- Feedback from Faculty Advocates, Course Advocates and students;
- Consultations and forums conducted by the Students' Union;
- BME Attainment Gap survey;
- Alterline's Union Futures ‘Being Well, Doing Well’ Survey.
- National Student Survey (NSS) 2018 data;
- Nationwide surveys conducted by the National Union of Students (NUS) and the Office for Students (OfS);
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) reports;
- JISC Digital Competencies Survey.
We are now looking for feedback on how the University has responded to the 2018-19 report, as well as how they can improve the academic experience for 2019-2020. To give us your opinions, please click the button below!