Here at the Students’ Union, we understand that coming to University can be a daunting time, whether you are moving away from home for the first time or coming back in to education after some time away, we want to make students from all demographics feel safe and supported during their University experience. The Students’ Union and University provide an array of services for students and we are always happy to help where we can.
Here are a list of the services and a bit about them:
- Students’ Union Advice Service
- Students’ Union Welfare Support
- Residential life team: support students in halls of residence, available to contact in the Student Village.
- Accomodation drop in sessions: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 11am-4pm in the Student Village reception.
- Admissions drop in session: 10am-4:30pm at the Student Information Desk
- ASSIST: support students with disabilities/additional needs. Email: [email protected] , phone: 01604 892390
- Counselling and mental health team: Monday-Friday 12-1pm at the Student Information Desk.
- Financial Guidance, email: [email protected] or phone: 01604 893299.
- International Student Support: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 1-3pm at the Student Information Desk Private Sector.
- Accomodation, email: [email protected] or phone: 01604 892434/07793529600 (8am-4pm) or;
- See Katy Baker at the Students’ Union for independent advice and information on your rights as a tenant. Email: [email protected]
- University student support and advice, email: [email protected] or [email protected].
- Finance/cash office email: [email protected] or phone: 01604 892327
Every Tuesday the Students’ Union emphasises the importance of wellbeing by having different activities and visitors in the Engine Shed.
Pet therapy dogs will be in from 10:30am-12:30pm, Katy, you Vice-President Welfare will be holding drop-in sessions for signposting purposes throughout the day