Emergency Hardship Fund:
The Financial Assistance Fund aims to support students in financial hardship to help them remain in higher education as well as supporting where possible those who are considering leaving University because of financial problems.
To apply for the Financial Assistance Fund, you must be a ‘home’ student registered on an Undergraduate course studying a higher education course, either a BA, BSc, Foundation degree, HND or HNC either full-time or part-time including sandwich courses and any placements. You can also be a Postgraduate student, either full-time or part-time.
- To prepare budgets, use the online calculator: studentcalculator.org.uk
- List your essential expenditure
- Keep a record on everything you spend and keep track on how often you spend
- Set up standing orders so you know the payments leaving your back account regularly
- Plan in advance any extra money you may be spending in a particular month e.g birthdays or other special occassions.
- Be sure you have read all the information on a contract before agreeing to it
- If you find yourself needing to borrow money, use interest free overdraft
Step change – debt charity. Telephone: 0800 138 1111, website: www.stepchange.org
National debt line. Telephone: 0808 808 4000, website: nationaldebtline.org Student Finance England. Telephone: 0300 100 06 07, website: www.gov.uk/studentfinance Student Loans Company. Website: www.slc.co.uk or www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk