About the club:
UoN Netball offers the opportunity for individuals from all years and all abilities to come together and enjoy being part of a University Sports team. We value commitment and passion while aiming to provide an enjoyable and supportive atmosphere to help you grow and progress both as individuals and part of the team.
Whether you wish to play competitively, for fun and fitness, or just want to try something new – there are opportunities for everyone. We currently have two teams competing in the BUCS league on Wednesdays, and a third team specifically for those preferring to train socially.
Netball also provides a good platform for developing long lasting friendships both on and off the court - through training sessions, BUCS League games, weekly socials and many other events throughout the year.
President - Lynsay Rayner
Vice-President & 1st Team Captain – Maddie Rayer
2nd Team Captain – Grace Davies
Secretary – Hannah Kelly
Treasurer – Libby Constable
Social Secretary – Ellie Chapman
Vice-Social Secretaries – Rachael McDaid & Alannah Horgan-Evans
Entertainments Officer – Regan Madden
Find us on Social Media:
o Facebook - UoN Netball Club & UoN Netball Squad 2020/21
o Instagram - @uonnetballsquad
o Twitter - @uon_netball
o Where do you Train?
- Training session take place on Waterside Campus in the Sports Dome.
o When do you Train?
- We hold two sessions per week – Monday & Thursday – both 5pm to 7pm.
- On Thursday we hold a special training session called ‘intramural’. This is a stress-free session, where fellow sports teams are encouraged partake, alongside our members. This aids the development of understanding transferable skills and gaining coaching experience. The intramural session also provides the opportunity for members to try different positions to their standard choice.
o What league/competitions do you play in?
- Both our 1st and 2nd team compete in the BUCS League. With our 1st team in the Midlands 4B League and 2nd team in the Midlands 6B League.
o What are ‘socials’?
- Our weekly socials are held every Wednesday night and involve meeting up as a squad, with weekly themes and fancy dress, and enjoying several drinking games (or non-drinking games, if you choose) before heading out to Platform with all the other sports teams.
- This is another great way of breaking down barriers, letting your hair down and getting to know each other. Details are released the Thursday before on social media… so keep your eyes peeled and be sure not to be late!
- We also host a selection of ‘Sober Socials’ throughout the year – such as meals out and charity events – so that there are social opportunities for everyone to be involved with.